Updating and communicating a travel policy on a regular basis is very important to prevent noncompliance, additional costs and financial liability for a company.
Information that should be regularly updated on your travel policy:
- Updated contacts for any questions and travel approvers
- Booking protocol and process
- Approved travel agencies and vendors
- Credit policy
- Air travel policy, restrictions and fare types
- Accommodation policy, pricing guidelines and restrictions
- Vehicle policy for taxis, rental cars and personal vehicles with pricing guidelines and restrictions
- Frequent flyer/points program policies
- Non-reimbursable items
Each time your policy is changed, employees should be updated, and also informed of the benefits in following the policy and why it is in place. With travel technology today makes it very easy for employees to find and arrange their travel with just a few clicks. However, they may not be aware of the corporate benefits received by following the policy such as corporate rewards, fee cancellation, transferable credits, reporting, discounts, etc.
UNIGLOBE One Travel works closely with their corporate clients, and offers assistance in updating and writing corporate travel policies. Also has the technology to assist in policy management with all corporate clients.
As corporate travel continues to change and evolve, don’t leave your policy gathering dust, but give it the attention it deserves.