The new program marks an innovative enhancement in the experience customers will have at U.S. airports, and is simple to access. Qualifying customers who enter a valid Known Traveler Number (KTN) or Customs and Border Protection (CBP)-issued PASSID in their Virgin Atlantic or Delta reservations and are pre-approved will then see the TSA Precheck indicator on their mobile or printed boarding passes. Eligible customers will then be led to TSA Precheck lanes within an airport’s security screen area to proceed through an accelerated screening process.
Virgin Atlantic and Delta customers who are eligible for TSA Precheck include:
- TSA Precheck members (open to U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents)
- Global Entry members (open to U.K. and U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents, and eligible citizens in certain other countries. For a current list eligible citizens, visit https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/eligibility )
- NEXUS members (open to citizens and lawful permanent residents of the U.S. or Canada)
- SENTRI members (open to U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents)
- US Armed Forces service members, including those serving in the U.S. Coast Guard, Reserves and National Guard
Customers can find out when and where TSA Precheck lanes are available by visiting the TSA website . If a lane is not available for a flight, customers can show their TSA Preü boarding pass to receive expedited screening in a standard lane.